Many of our fact sheets are in Adobe Acrobat format (.pdf file extension). Get this free software at the link provided below.
Women candidates and their campaigns: the latest info, trends and historical context.
A bi-partisan national effort to recruit and train women to run for all levels of office.
CAWP's national initiative to educate and empower the next generation of women leaders.
News about Women Presidential Candidates
- Articles about the presidential campaign of Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (R-MN), who announced that she would enter the race for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination on June 13, 2011 and withdrew after the Iowa caucuses on January 4, 2012. Her campaign reached a high point with her victory in the Ames Straw Poll in August, 2011.
- General articles that examine the 2012 presidential race through a gendered lens — for example, articles about being a woman candidate or comparisons among women who have run or may run.
- Bypassing the Playbook: Bachmann's Missed Opportunities - 1/20/12, Huffington Post
- Different Rules Exist for Women Candidates - 1/09/12, Morning Call
- A Woman President? Not This Time Around - 1/09/12, The Sentinal Source
- Iowa Women in Politics - 1/05/12, MyABC5.com
- The Gender Gap in Politics: Why Do Women Vote Differently than Men? - 1/04/12, Slate
- Where Did Michele Bachmann's Mama Grizzlies Go? - 1/04/12, Washington Post
- Bachmann Says She Will Not Continue in the Race - 1/04/12, New York Times, The Caucus Blog
- Gender Differences Still Apparent in Campaigns - 1/03/12, Minnesota Public Radio (audio)
- Will Iowans Buy Bachmann as 'Iron Lady'? - 1/02/12, Star Tribune
- Bachmann Plays Gender Card as Iowa GOP Vote Nears - 1/01/12, MPR News
- Bachmann Plays Gender Card As Iowa GOP Vote Nears - 1/01/12, NPR (video)
- What Women Want: More Mitt? - 12/30/11, Nashua Patch
- Michele Bachmann's Hard Fall - 12-29-11, Politico
- Michele Bachmann Avoids Gender Politics in Presidential Campaign - 9/8/11, Huffington Post Politics
- Bachmann Film Praises the Role of Women in the Tea Party - 8/17/11, MinnPost.com
- Five Reasons Bachmann's Gender Really Matters - 08/05/11, Swampland, Time
- How Attacking Michele Bachmann is Making Her Stronger - 7/27/11, The Fix, Washington Post
- There's Nothing Wrong with Bachmann Spending $4,700 on Makeup - 7/26/11, Atlantic Wire
- The Submissive Michele Bachmann - 7/10/11, The Daily Beast
- Queen of the Tea Party: The Presidential Campaign of Michele Bachmann - 7/04/11, The Weekly Standard
- Michele Bachmann: Don't Call Her a Feminist - 6/28/11, The Daily Beast
- Why Michele Bachmann is No Sarah Palin - 6/28/11, Washington Post The Fix
- Running Against Bachmann Poses Challenges for Male Rivals - 6/28/11, New York Times
- Roots of Bachmann's Ambition Began at Home - 6/22/11, New York Times
- The Feminine Effect on Presidential Politics - 6/09/11, NPR
- Opinion: Run, Sarah and Michele, Run (The Daily Beast) - 6/2/11, Rocket News
- How to write about Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann without invoking a 'catfight' - 6/1/11, Poynter.com
- Two Women in a Political Race? Must Be a Catfight, According to Palin-Bachmann Buzz - 5/29/11, Canadian Press