Women candidates and their campaigns: the latest info, trends and historical context.
Education and Training
Interested in starting a campaign training program? Let our experienced team assist you and your organization/institution in developing a Ready to Run™ program tailored to the political culture in your state. CAWP has spent 15 years testing and honing the program, so you can hit the ground running with resources and a network of partners at your service!
CAWP looks for Ready to Run™ Network partners who can demonstrate:
- The potential for building strong partnerships with other organizations and institutions in the state or region;
- Access to women in public leadership, campaign professionals, and party and community leaders;
- Bi-partisan or non-partisan status;
- Institutional support for a staff member to take the lead in organizing and overseeing the project; and
- A proven track record in raising funds to support similar projects, or the support of the institution to undertake such fundraising.
CAWP provides our partners with a training manual, ongoing consultation (including an in-person consultation), Ready to Run™ artwork for use in program materials, a database of workshop trainers, free materials for distribution to program participants, and connections with other Training Network partners.
Want Ready to Run™ in your state? Contact Jean Sinzdak at email@example.com or 732/932-9384, ext. 260 for more details.
Ready to Run™ Programs Around the Country
Alabama - AAUW of Alabama
Hawaii - Hawaii State Commission on the Status of Women
Idaho - Go Lead Idaho
Iowa - Carrie Chapman Catt Center, Iowa State University
Michigan - Women's Center, Grand Valley State University
Mississippi - John C. Stennis Institute of Government, Mississippi Commission on the Status of Women, Foundation for the Mid South, and Stennis Center for Public Service Leadership
Nebraska - Women's Fund of Omaha
New Jersey - Center for American Women and Politics, Eagleton Institute of Politics, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
New Mexico - Women's Intercultural Center
Oklahoma - Carl Albert Center’s Women’s Leadership Program at the University of Oklahoma
Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Center for Women and Politics, Chatham University
Pennsylvania - Department of Political Science, The University of Scranton